Al-hamdu lillah! A new date has been arranged for the postponed sponsored walk, it’ll now take place on Saturday 10 July 2021 at 10am – In shā’ Allāh. Those people who registered for the initial walk just need to confirm their availability by texting 07739930376. Any new walkers who’d like to join us please complete the registration form by Saturday 12 June 2021!
Hurry! Spaces are limited!
Join M A Mission Blackburn – Women’s Group for a fun 10 km sponsored walk from Mission Blackburn to Darwen Tower. Your journey will take you along the A666 (Bolton Rd) through Darwen town centre. When you reach the top you’ll be able to enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding moorland and some well known landmarks!
You will be walking with like-minded sisters who will support you all the way. The funds you raise will greatly help start-up various projects for girls/women in our community. This will include educational, health and wellbeing and much more! – Jazakumullah Khayr.
Trek2theTower – At a Glance
- Date: Sat 10 July 2021
- Deadline for registering: Sat 12 June 2021
- Start Time: 10am (arrive no later than 9:30am to complete registration)
- Starting Point: M A Mission Blackburn, 31A Wellington St, Blackburn BB1 8AF
- Women 12yrs and over, 12-16 year olds require parent/carer supervision during the walk
- No Registration Fees
- Minimum fundraising requirement £50
- Distance: 10 Km
- Level: Suitable for all, some steep hills
- Return Time: Around 1pm, you will need to arrange your own transport from Darwen Tower
We only have limited spaces for this event!
Al-hamdu lillah! We are very pleased to inform you of the fantastic progress being made at M A Mission Blackburn. Islam has always been at the forefront of empowering women, encouraging their education and protecting their rights. At M A Mission we would like to encourage more inclusivity of all ages from the Sisters in our community, as we recognise the importance of women becoming more involved in the Mosque culture. This is essential to bring about a positive change in the community and help shape a better environment for the next generation.
As such, we have taken the initiative to form a Mission Women’s Group run by women to facilitate activities and events to engage the sisters in our community. The first project we have undertaken is to organise a 10 km sponsored walk from M A Mission Blackburn to Darwen Tower. We would like to encourage all Sisters above the age of 12 to take part in this exciting venture to help raise funds for facilitating future events.
A survey we conducted recently highlighted that our community was interested in health-based activities such as sports events for young girls, weekly walks and exercise classes as well as relevant talks in English by female scholars to engage the younger generation. We aim to provide these opportunities and more! In sha’ Allah.
We would like to take this opportunity to encourage our sisters to take part in this exciting event! Rest assured we will provide a safe programme in line with social distancing regulations. Only limited spaces are available, register ASAP to avoid disappointment.
M A Mission Blackburn – Women’s Group
If you are struggling with registration or you have any queries please contact:
07804585594 or 07739930376
We will set-off from Blackburn Mission, then go along Barbara Castle way onto Montague street. After the bridge we’ll turn right onto Bolton Road (A666), then straight towards Darwen town centre. Follow the map and instructions carefully once you get to Darwen Leisure Centre,
- Whilst on the A666 walk straight towards Darwen town centre using Duckworth Street (past the town centre shops).
- This will lead you straight on to Market Street.
- Cross the junction at the traffic lights on to Bolton Rd, then take the first right on to Belgrave Road.
- Keep walking up the steep hill, Belgrave Rd will turn into a narrow windy path.
- Follow this path for around 30 mins. Congratulations you’ve made it to the tower! Enjoy the breathtaking views!
On the day…
- Meet-up at Mission Blackburn Car Park.
- Registration at 9:30am, leave in groups at 10am.
- Brings snacks and water preferably in a rucksack.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Walking shoes.